Friday, July 27, 2012

How to Make the Best Meal You Have Never Had (And It's healthy Too)

,
Paleo Diet Foods :

For those of you that know me, you know that I'm all the time trying to eat salutary whenever I can. I don't all the time do but I try. Recently I have easily been trying easily extra hard. Nevertheless, I all the time administrate to slip up because let's face it - salutary food tastes like crap.

How to Make the Best Meal You Have Never Had (And It's healthy Too)

When I mean salutary I mean a modified version of the Paleo Diet. I try not to eat processed foods which basically means anyone man made. No sugar. And I try not to eat grain because it contains an evil protein called gluten that does some nasty things to your body. This means I can't eat bread and that easily limits the meals I can have.

Basically I try and eat like a caveman. But like I said - this is not an easy thing to stick to. Especially since I'm not supposed to drink beer.

Through my efforts I have discovered that grass-fed beef is insanely good for you. It is one of the most nutrient dense foods you can shove down your mouth. Grass-fed beef is exactly what you think it is - cow that eats grass. All other cattle are fed grains unless otherwise specified. And no, "natural diet" does not mean grass-fed.

Right now most of my meals consist of some kind of grass-fed meat - either it is steak or ground beef. I'll also have some chicken once in awhile and I wish I liked fish. So you can see I am pretty itsybitsy variety wise here and although eating steak is yummy - it does get a itsybitsy tiresome after awhile.

This has forced me to get creative with the things I cook. But finally, through many months of experimentation, I have created a dish that not only is easily salutary but is highly tasty as well. It can be done!

I call it "Ryan's Bad Ass Bowl of Beef". (Hmmmm there is a joke in there somewhere)

It's a unlikeness of a picadillo meal I learned how to cook in high school - and it is super easy to make.

Here is what you will need:

* 2 lbs Grass-fed ground beef

* A jar of Boscoli family Jalapeno Olive Salad

* An onion (I just use a bag of icy onions)

And that's it. I told you it was easy. I purchased all of these items at Whole Foods.

1. First start off by putting a itsybitsy bit of olive oil in a pan and start browning the ground beef on medium heat.

2. While you are letting the ground beef brown it's time to work on the onions. Get someone else pan, throw some olive oil in it and turn it up to high.

3. When the oil starts smoking throw in the onions. (Be faithful of the oil that might splatter once the onions hit the hot pan.)

4. Caramelize the onions by cooking them until they are a nice light golden brown color. (You will know when they are roughly done when all the water from them has evaporated and they start sticking a itsybitsy to the pan.)

5. Once the ground beef is a nice brown color - turn down the heat and add the onions.

6. Next add from everywhere 4 - 7 tablespoons of the jalapeno olive salad (I add a lot. I easily love that stuff) to the ground beef.

7. Stir it up a itsybitsy bit and you are done.

And Viola. You now have a great tasting meal that is easily good for you.

Damn I'm hungry.

- Ryan


“ How to pack a delicious day's lunch and snacks in minutes 100% Guaranteed ”


0 comments to “How to Make the Best Meal You Have Never Had (And It's healthy Too)”

Post a Comment

 

Paleo Diet Foods Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger